Car Accident Attorneys in Spokane, WA
Contact us to get a free evaluation for your case. Car accidents are no joke, as they affect the injured party’s life in more ways than one. Here at Note and Kidd, we listen to the unique facts of your case and guide you with personalized expertise. Make an appointment with us today to get one step closer to the total compensation you deserve.
Call us to discuss your options.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case in a Car Accident?
You are eligible for compensation from a car accident claim if:
- You or anyone else is injured due to the car accident
- You’re filing the claim within two three years not two years years of the date of injury (as according to the statute of limitations)
An official report about the car accident must be made before you file a claim.
Washington State Patrol states that you must file a Motor Vehicle Collision Report if 1.) anyone is injured or 2.) any party’s damage from the accident exceeds $1,000. Law enforcement commonly files your report for you when they are called to the scene. However, if they did not, you can report it online.
Your personal injury case will undergo legal evaluation for injury severity and eligibility for compensation. Consultation with your attorney is paramount to guide and advise you through the legal process.
Is Washington a No-Fault State with Car Accidents?
No, Washington uses the tort system or the basis of who did wrong instead of the no-fault system. The person responsible for the car accident or their insurance company (according to its policy) will have to pay total compensation to the one injured in the accident.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Washington State
After a car accident, ensure your safety and the safety of your companions. Official reports must be made regarding the accident and the injury that it caused. Here are the actional post-accident steps that you can take:
- Report the accident to law enforcement. Or report it online, as mentioned above.
- Report the injury by calling 911. You can also go to an urgent care facility, emergency room, or other medical facilities. Even if you think the injury is minor, it is better to confirm that there are no underlying major injuries.
- Collect witnesses’ accounts. Shopkeepers or other people present during the accident can share their accounts of what happened. Getting their contact information can help strengthen your case.
- Gather digital and physical evidence. Snap photos and videos of the place where the accident occurred, taking note of the damages. Damaged property can also prove the damages caused by the accident.
- The injured party’s medical record is also evidence. Keep track of medical bills, receipts, prescriptions, and doctor’s notes. A doctor can measure the severity of the injured party’s disability and how it affects their daily living, such as working or simply getting up from bed.
- Contact your car accident attorney. They will help you strengthen your case and represent you in court.
Why Contact a Car Accident Attorney?
If you’re reading this now, you’ve come to the right place. A car accident attorney can assist you in avoiding traps and negotiating with insurers. Their legal guidance can help you get the maximum settlement to recover your losses. Frequently insurance companies will try to get you to settle your claim prior to you even talking to an attorney and for fractions on the dollar. Don’t fall into this trap.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
The injured party has the right to compensation based on their age, work, income, and severity of their injuries. Settlement can include loss of income due to their injury and medical expenses based on their medical records.
Their settlement can also include compensation for their pain, suffering, and traumatization from the accident.
Secure Your Rights after a Car Crash
To secure your rights after a car crash, you must talk to your attorney before speaking with any insurance companies or the defendant’s lawyers. Insurance company adjusters will attempt to contact the plaintiff to discredit their claim and settle your claim cheaply as possible. They can pressure you to settle without letting you consult your attorney or ask permission to request your medical records.
Why Choose Our Spokane Car Accident Attorney?
At Note and Kidd, we proactively keep you up-to-date with your case to keep you informed. Our goal is to keep you informed so that you know the weight of your options and make learned decisions. Here are your advantages when you work with us:
Don’t Face the Court Alone
Car accidents can dramatically change the injured party’s life. It affects them physically, emotionally, and financially, causing a ripple effect on their loved ones. Here at Note and Kidd, we have successfully supported and represented countless cases.
But first, we offer a free consultation for your case by contacting us today.